What are some signs that my water heater is failing?
In most cases, your water heater is installed in an area of your home where you don’t see it all the time. This is good in the sense that it is not an eyesore in the middle of the living room but, it is bad in the sense that you have to make it a point to go out and look at your water heater on a regular basis.
Knowing what signs to look for, and checking on your water heater periodically can make a big difference in spotting small issues and getting them repaired right away.
Here are some signs that your water heater will give to indicate it is time to schedule maintenance:
- The time that it takes to heat up water is becoming longer than it used to be. After you wash several loads of laundry or someone takes a very long shower - your water heater could be depleted of all hot water. After a few minutes, though, it will fill back up with water and get it all heated up again. If that time between being out of hot water, and having a full tank of hot water again seems to be taking longer than it used to - it’s time to call for service.
- There is no hot water coming out of any of your hot water fixtures. If there is just not any hot water in your home, it is definitely time to call for service. First, make sure that your tank hasn’t burst open, and then call for help.
- There are drips of water on the seam of the tank, and a puddle on the ground under the tank. This is a clear sign that the tank is leaking, and needs service. It is best to get a professional plumber to look at this situation sooner than later, as the tank could be moments away from bursting open.
What are my options for a new hot water heater?
For many years, homeowners only had one choice when it came to having a new hot water heater installed, and that was to get a new standard tank water heater. But, now you have a choice between the standard tank hot water heating system and a tankless water heating system.
Mr. Rooter can provide you with water heater repair and maintenance for both your tank and tankless water heating system. And, if you need a new tank or tankless water heater installed - we can do that too!
- Tankless Water Heating System. A tankless water heating system works to heat water as it moves through the pipes on its way to the hot water fixture. Once you turn on the hot water fixture, the system turns on and initiates the pipes to heat up. The water passes through the pipes and is heated up on the way to the fixture. Once the fixture is turned off, the system turns off and does not turn on again until it is needed.
- Standard Tank Water Heater. If you have a standard tank water heating system, then you have a large tube that is vertically installed somewhere inside or around your home. The tank works to keep the entire volume of water inside of it heated to a specific temperature. This process goes on around the clock, whether you need hot water or not.
For all of your hot water needs, you can count on Mr. Rooter for exceptional customer care and plumbing support.
Whether you have a commercial kitchen and need hot water maintenance or your residential hot water heater needs to be replaced, and you want more information about tankless water heater installation - one phone call to Mr. Rooter is the only step you need to take.
Our team of expert plumbers are bonded and insured, and will arrive at your location on time and in uniform. You can count on us for upfront pricing, and we will guarantee our workmanship and the parts that we use.