Residential Clogged Drain Cleaning in Wilmington, DE
Trust Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Wilmington
Newark and Wilmington, DE residents trust Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Wilmington because of our comprehensive solutions for a wide array of residential plumbing problems. We keep your water flowing through your drains without any blockage by clearing clogged drains quickly and effectively. A clean drain ensures you don’t have foul odors, gurgling toilets, or slow-draining sinks. Your home's plumbing system is a detailed network of components, including various pipes and valves. This system collection works together to ensure your pipes carry away your home’s waste and water smoothly. Your drains are an essential component of your plumbing system. When a clog occurs, your system requires prompt, professional service to prevent issues like water damage by restoring your water flow.
Current Special Offer to Clients
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Wilmington is currently offering $25 off any drain
cleaning service. You must present a coupon at the time of service, and
clients are limited to one. This special offer is not valid with any other
offer, and it’s valid only at participating locations. Our plumbing
company is a locally owned and independently operated franchise.
How Important Are My Home’s Drains?
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Wilmington is well-versed in how messy and stressful a clogged drain can be for homeowners. Your drains have one responsibility: channeling wastewater away from your home. Typically, wastewater contains dust, dirt, food, soap, and other particles in it. These particles can impact your drains’ water flow and clog them, obstructing what should be a clear channel. You can trust our experienced plumbing professionals to carry out clogged drain cleaning services whenever this happens. We offer top-tier drain plumbing services to ensure wastewater flows freely again in residential clogged drains. Even minor clogs affecting your home’s drains can result in damage, cause odors, and lead to backed-up sinks, tubs, and toilets. All your drains carry waste and water to the same place, so a problem in one drain can lead to issues in others around your home.
Signs You Have a Clogged Drain
Clogged drains are harder to spot than people typically think. People often notice a clogged drain when their sinks back up, but this is only one sign drain cleaning service is necessary. You can tell your drain is clogged with several other indications. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Wilmington recommends you contact our drain cleaning experts to examine your drain and resolve a clog anytime you notice any of the following signs:
- Bad odors coming from drains
- Backed-up toilets
- Bubbling sounds coming from your toilets
- Slow-draining sinks that gurgle
- Puddles of water on the floor around laundry appliances, bathtubs, sinks, and showers
What Drains Can I Find in My Home?
All your home’s drains have an identical function, and Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Wilmington has extensive industry expertise in all issues impacting them. Drains may clog because of various causes, so finding the best solution depends on finding a trustworthy plumbing professional. We've described some drains you’ll find around your home and the reasons they clog:
- Bathroom Drains – Soap, hair, and toothpaste are the most common bathroom drain clog causes. You can install simple drain covers to prevent loose hairs from going down the drain as they wash out during your daily showers. We also suggest running hot water while brushing your teeth to keep your toothpaste from hardening in your pipes.
- Kitchen Drains – Particles like oil, grease, and bits of food are the main culprits clogging kitchen drains. When you clean your kitchen after a meal, these elements wash down your drain and collect on pipe walls. Oil and grease are especially harmful since they harden inside your pipes. While garbage disposals can reduce a household’s chance of clogs, people should still avoid washing specific foods down their drains, such as fibrous vegetables, meat, and bones.
- Floor Drains – Dust, dirt, and leaves are common particles and materials that clog floor drains around your home. You can find these drains in basements, laundry rooms, and garages. A clogged floor drain can cause backups and floor damage. These drains may often be out of sight, but you still need to clean them regularly to reduce your chance of clogs.
Helpful Tips on How to Fix Your Clogged Drain
One of the best starting points to decide if you have a clogged drain is watching your sink to verify it’s draining. If your drain is draining slowly or otherwise clogged, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Wilmington provides a list of simple ways to fix it:
- If your drain still has some water movement, prepare a pot or kettle of hot water while it drains. Boiled water effectively clears clogs caused by hardened oils and fats. Carefully pour hot water down your drain after all or most of the water drains. We also recommend scheduling routine drain cleanings and inspections, so your pipes drain effectively.
- Another proven method to remove or loosen clogs is using a drain snake and plunger. Sink plungers are smaller and easier to manage, allowing you to pull a clog close to the drain opening without difficulty. After plunging and pulling the clog closer, you can use a drain snake to pull the material out of your pipe. You should not flush removed clogged material down your pipe. Instead, we advise you to throw away that material in your trash.
- Your next step is to call a plumber if you still have a clog. An average drain snake cannot snag very deep clogs, such as tree roots invading your pipes and causing clogs. This clog type calls for more extensive, professional plumbing solutions.
Schedule Drain Service in Wilmington or Newark, DE
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Wilmington’s residential cleaning services for clogged drains ensures your drains stay in top condition. Trying to make drain cleaning a do-it-yourself project might not give you long-lasting or effective results like when a professional plumber completes this service. Our expert plumbing team will clear your drains quickly and thoroughly to keep your water flowing efficiently and unobstructed. Contact us today to request an estimate and schedule plumbing services at your Wilmington or Newark, DE home.