Why It’s Important to Take Care of Your Drains
You might not spend much time thinking about your home’s drains and plumbing system, but knowing when you need a professional drain cleaning service is important. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Wilmington offers 24-hour drain cleaning service for emergencies in Wilmington and Newark, DE. You’ll likely notice a clogged drain, but there are some signs that you might not realize. Your plumbing system works hard to carry wastewater away from your house. That wastewater contains particles of dirt, dust, food, soap, and other types of debris. Those particles can slow down water flow and cause clogged drains. Our licensed and insured plumbers can ensure your wastewater flows properly to avoid the mess and stress of clogged drains. A clog in one of your drains can result in clogs in additional drains because they all flow to the same place.
Signs You Have a Clogged Drain
Being aware of the signs of a clogged drain can help you catch the issue early on, so you call our plumbing services professionals for drain cleaning before the problem gets worse. A backed-up sink or water that stops flowing are relatively obvious signs, but others might not be so noticeable. Our experts perform thorough inspections to find the cause of the drain clog and then take care of it appropriately. Check out the following common signs of clogged drains:
- Toilets that make bubbling noises
- Toilets backing up
- Soggy areas of your lawn
- Foul odors coming from drains
- Puddled water near showers, bathtubs, laundry facilities, or sinks
- Sinks that gurgle or drain slowly
Our Professionals Clean Out Many Types of Drains
All of the drains in your home essentially perform the same function, but all are a bit different from each other. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Wilmington offers professional drain cleaning services for multiple types of residential drains, including:
- Bathroom Drains – Many homeowners benefit from installing drain covers in their bathtubs and bathroom sinks. Your bathroom drains will likely clog with time from all the hair, soap, and toothpaste that goes down them. Try running hot water when you brush your teeth to prevent your toothpaste from hardening inside your plumbing pipes.
- Kitchen Drains – A kitchen sink is likely to become clogged from grease, oil, and food particles that are a product of washing dishes. Avoid putting grease or oil down your drain because those substances tend to harden inside plumbing pipes. You should also avoid putting any meat, bones, or fibrous vegetables down the drain and running them through the garbage disposal.
- Floor Drains – You may not notice them, but you have floor drains in locations such as basements, garages, and laundry rooms. These drains can easily get clogged by dirt, dust, leaves, and debris. Our professional plumbers clean out floor drains as well as sewer drains.
DIY Tips for Taking Care of Clogged Drains
We recommend leaving almost all plumbing jobs or projects to our trained professionals, but we are happy to recommend a few steps you can take to determine whether you should bring in our team. Start by determining if your sink is partially draining or not draining at all. Follow these steps to see what you can do about your clogged drain:
- If the water is partially draining, allow it to fully drain while you prepare a pot or kettle of hot water. Use boiled water to clear clogs caused by oils or fats. After most of the water in the sink has drained, carefully pour your hot water into that same drain. Make sure to schedule routine inspections and drain cleanings as well.
- Use a plunger and a plumbing snake to try to remove the clog. Sink plungers are easy to operate and will help you relocate the clog to the top of the drain. Switch over to the drain snake to pull any obstructions from the pipe. Make sure you throw away any recovered material and avoid flushing it down the pipe.
- If these steps don’t work for you, it’s time to call in the team at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Wilmington. DIY solutions are not always effective, especially if you have a deep clog caused by tree roots. Our team has the expertise, equipment, and experience necessary to clear any drain clog.
Schedule Your Drain Cleaning Today
Our professional plumbers are here to ensure your drains work properly. We offer preventative maintenance to help you save money, time, and hassle. Don’t let a clog put a damper on your day. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or request a job estimate.
Contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Wilmington to request an estimate for our drain cleaning services in Wilmington.