Upstate Septic Services
Septic Tank Repair, Maintenance and Installation for Anderson, Pickens, and Oconee County
A septic tank is a necessary part of homes that are not connected to the public sewage system. In many areas, septic tanks are a common way of handling unwanted waste away from your home. A septic tank should last many years as long as it is installed, repaired and maintained properly. The trained and knowledgeable technicians at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Anderson are the right plumbers to call for caring for all your plumbing needs, including expert care of your septic tank.
Septic Tank System Maintenance
Residential septic tank systems require proper usage and maintenance to insure optimal performance. Here is helpful information for a homeowner:
(1) The S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control recommends having the septic tank pumped out by a septic service company every 3-5 years. For residents of Anderson County and surrounding areas, septic system service by Mr. Rooter Plumbing can keep your system in proper working order.
(2) Only household waste and toilet tissue should be disposed of in a home septic system and all kitchen greases should be kept out of the system.
(3) Leaks in the plumbing fixtures should be immediately repaired. Over time, a leaking faucet or toilet could lead to complete saturation and failure of the absorption field.
(4) A septic tank needs periodic pumping out of the accumulated solids. If the solids are allowed to accumulate in the tank to a point that they begin to pass out of the tank into the soil absorption network, the soil will soon become clogged with the solids, leading to failure of the system. If this happens, costly emergency septic service will be needed before the system will function properly.
The frequency of tank cleaning or pumping is hard to determine as it depends on many factors and varies with different households. The only way to determine the need for service is to open the tank periodically and inspect it to determine the accumulation of solids. This should provide a margin of safety, but the most accurate way to determine the need for service is to inspect the tank contents on a yearly basis.
For residential septic system service in the Anderson County and surrounding area call Mr. Rooter Plumbing today!
Septic Tank Installation
Having your septic tank installed properly is the most important part of the job. The septic tank needs to be the right size for your home, made out of material that will last you for a long time and be placed in the correct area to make sure it can function properly. The septic tank specialists at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Anderson will help you find the right septic tank for your needs and will install it in the best way possible for your specific home and yard. Whether you are building new construction or replacing your existing septic tank, you can trust in the professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing for the best installation possible.
Septic Tank Pumping
Septic tanks need to be pumped periodically. How often is dependent upon how many people live in your home, the age and size of your septic tank and what types of things you flush into it. The septic tank works by evaporating some matter and allowing time for other matter to be absorbed into the nearby soil. When items that are not biodegradable are flushed into the tank, these remain in the tank and must be pumped out on a regular basis. The technicians at Mr. Rooter Plumbing will advise you on the frequency of pumping that is needed and will also offer you advice on how to better care for your septic tank.
Septic Tank & Septic System Repair
Even if you take proper care of your septic tank, and have it pumped routinely by the plumbing experts at Mr. Rooter of Anderson, it could may be in need of repair occasionally. Usually a septic tank needs repairing because of improper use, or flushing items that are not biodegradable into the septic tank. Other causes of septic tank issues can be that:
- Tank is comprised of older materials that have started to corrode.
- Tank is pumped less frequently as recommended.
- Pipes or septic tank itself could be damaged by tree roots.
- Damage to the tank by flushing chemicals.
Whatever your septic tank needs are, you can trust the experienced, professional plumbers of Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Anderson to take care of it. We have the experience and tools to work quickly for the installation, repair, and pumping of septic tanks.
If you have a septic tank emergency, you can call our office to schedule an appointment. For courteous, professional service by knowledgeable and trained technicians, call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Anderson.