Finding a gas leak can be stressful, but our licensed plumbers are here to help. Here at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Knoxville, our qualified professionals can inspect and repair your gas line. We deliver high-quality, cost-effective service.
Our workmanship is warrantied, and we provide honest pricing. Need an emergency gas line repair? We never charge overtime, even for a night, weekend, or holiday service call. We are devoted and committed to giving you a stress-free service and a simple plumbing experience.
Recognizing the Signs of a Gas Line Leak: Your Safety First
Gas lines play a pivotal role in our daily lives. They power essential appliances like stoves, water heaters, and fireplaces. Suspecting or finding a leak can be a nuisance.
Gas line leaks are a serious safety hazard, and identifying the signs of a gas leak is crucial for the well-being of your family and property. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Knoxville, we prioritize your safety above all else, and we're here to help you stay informed about a leaky gas line.
Here are four signs and symptoms that you may have a gas leak:
- Unusual Odors. Natural gas is odorless, but utility companies add a distinctive sulfur or "rotten egg" smell to make leaks easier to detect. If you suddenly notice this pungent odor in or around your home, it's a strong gas leak indicator.
- Hissing Sounds. A faint hissing sound near your gas lines or appliances can signal gas escaping. If you hear this noise and can't pinpoint the source, take it seriously.
- Dead or Dying Plants. If your indoor plants or outdoor vegetation start to wither and die for no apparent reason, it could be due to a gas leak. Natural gas is harmful to plant life and can affect their health.
- Increased Gas Bills. A sudden, unexplained increase in your gas bills might be due to a gas leak, as more gas is escaping than being consumed by your appliances.
What Should I Do if I Suspect a Gas Leak?
If you suspect a gas leak:
- Evacuate Your Home. Leave your home immediately. Do not use any electrical devices, switches, or appliances, and avoid open flames, including candles and lighters.
- Call for Help. Contact your gas utility provider or emergency services from a safe location. They will assess and address the situation.
- Do Not Return Home. Do not re-enter your home until it's been declared safe by a professional.
- Call a Plumber for Gas Line Repair. Repairs are your responsibility if the gas line issue is after the meter. In that event, call us for quick, effective gas line repair in Knoxville.
Why Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Knoxville?
We provide top-tier gas line repair services that set us apart from other companies in the field. When it comes to gas line repair, we take our commitment seriously and stand firmly behind our work.
Here are some of the reasons why we are known for our high-quality service:
- We’re licensed and insured plumbers.
- We offer honest, transparent pricing.
- We’re highly rated in Knoxville and the surrounding areas.
- We’ll arrive when we say we will.
We back our gas line repairs with a comprehensive warranty covering both the parts used and the quality of our workmanship.