Properly installing your tankless water heater is crucial to making sure it works well. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Knoxville can help you pick the right size and model for your home's hot water needs. This ensures that your water heater provides hot water efficiently. Plus, professional installation keeps your family and home safe. Incorrect installation can cause gas leaks, carbon monoxide poisoning, and other dangers.
Tankless Water Heater Maintenance
Just like any other appliance at home, tankless water heaters need regular maintenance to work well. Skipping maintenance can make your water heater less efficient, reduce water quality, and even shorten its lifespan. Regular maintenance includes flushing the system to get rid of mineral buildup, checking the combustion system, and inspecting the venting.
Tankless Water Heater Repair and Replacement
No appliance lasts forever, and tankless water heaters are no different. If your water heater starts acting up, it can lead to costly repairs and safety concerns. In some cases, like when the tank is leaking or the control panel is broken, you might need a replacement.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heater Services
Proper installation, maintenance, and repair of your tankless water heater come with a host of benefits, including:
- Better energy efficiency and less expensive to operate
- Faster access to hot water
- Longer expected lifespan (by more than double)
- Occupies less space
- Improved safety
- Greatly reduced chance of flooding due to malfunction or wear
Tankless Water Heater Maintenance Tips
If you're a homeowner with a tankless water heater, you can do some simple maintenance to keep it running smoothly. Here are three things you should consider (always check your owner's manual for specific instructions):
- Annual Flush: It's a good idea to give your tankless water heater a flush at least once a year. If you have really hard water, you might need to do this more often to prevent mineral buildup.
- Filter Cleaning: Some tankless models have filters for air or cold water intake. Be sure to clean these filters regularly to keep the water flowing strong.
- Exterior Cleaning: Use a damp cloth to clean the outside of the unit (just avoid cleaning the fan blades, heat exchanger, or burner). This helps you spot any rust or issues. If you see rust, don't hesitate to contact your local Mr. Rooter Plumbing for assistance.
Request an estimate from Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Knoxville 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
How Tankless Water Heaters Work
Traditional water heaters are normally made up of large storage tanks of about 49-50 gallons or even more and are heated constantly. These tanks are mostly used to accumulate a large amount of hot water to serve the households. Whenever these traditional water heaters are been exhausted, it takes a lot of time to refill and reheat them.
No need for a water storage container since tankless water heaters warm up the water as it passes through. The tankless water heater circulates cold water around a heat exchanger thereby turning the cold water into heated water and sending it to your home through the pipes.
We have three types of primary tankless water heaters
No matter that tankless water heater issue, request an appointment from Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Middle Georgia 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!