Sewer line damage can be caused by any of the following:
- Cast iron pipes suffering from corrosion and rust can eventually break down.
- If improperly installed, clay pipes can become brittle and crack in multiple areas.
- When water temperatures in PVC/ABS plastic pipes exceed the rated limits for these materials, they can suffer cracks.
Generally, any type of pipe—regardless of what it’s made of—can crack due to extreme inner (water) and outer (ground) pressure.
How to Spot the Signs of a Broken Sewer Pipe
Are you concerned that the roots from nearby trees might be destroying your lateral? Do you think you have a damaged sewer pipe? Are your pipes starting to leak unhealthy sewage onto your property? Don’t wait any longer to contact the team at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Monterey!
Our skilled Monterey plumbing professionals fix cracked, broken, deformed and collapsed sewer pipes quickly and efficiently. Although some serious sewer pipe issues are obvious to spot, others are much more difficult to identify.
Common signs of a broken sewer pipe include:
- Bizarre gurgling noises coming from your toilet (s)
- Not enough water in your toilet (s)
- Your bathtub drains slowly or doesn’t drain at all
- Noticeable sewage backed up in your toilet or tub
- Sewage smell in your basement, yard, or other areas on your property
Schedule your sewer line repair or replacement today! Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Monterey or reach out online.
What Makes Sewer Pipes Crack & Burst
Sewer pipes can be damaged by any of the following things:
- Poor or improper maintenance
- Buildup from hair, debris, grease, sludge, oil, toilet paper, etc.
- Tree roots growing into sewer pipe holes/joints
- Frequent freezing and thawing of the ground
- Nearby construction
- Wear and tear from aging
- Poorly laid out piping, design, and/or installation
- City’s sewer line causing backup
Possible Solutions for Broken Sewer Lines
Our team of friendly plumbing and sewer line repair experts can assess your pipes for cracks and damages in order to address what needs to be fixed with your sewer system.
We can help you with the following things:
- Pipe Relining: With this method, we replace pipes from the inside out. Our professionals can also line the existing sewer pipes with a “sleeve” that will prevent future cracks. First, we clean out the entire pipe, then we apply a lining that hardens in a few hours.
- Bursting: If your sewer pipe has too much damage, we might need to pull a new sewer pipe through the old one. With this technique, we use hydraulics to break up the damaged old one and replace it seamlessly with a brand-new pipe.
- Preventive Maintenance: It is important to do what you can to prevent sewer line damage from developing in the first place. With our regular inspections and drain cleaning services, you can make sure major debris and buildup are kept out of your pipes, helping you avoid cracks, clogs, or bursts.
Get a free in-home estimate for your sewer problem. Request your service online or call us today.
Monterey Sewer Line Replacement Services
If you are having trouble with your sewer line, it’s time to schedule a visit with our plumbers to see if it needs to be repaired or replaced. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing, our friendly team of professionals will take the time to explain your options, review the problem, and show you exactly what we will do to fix it. You can trust our service will meet your needs and that we will not oversell you on unnecessary products or services. We pride ourselves on our ability to recommend sewer line replacement options that fall in line with your household needs and budget.
Additionally, the methods we use to repair and replace sewer lines are less invasive than traditional methods. This means we won’t have to completely tear up your lawn or landscaping. Our trenchless repair method is also more cost-effective! Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Monterey has repaired and replaced hundreds of sewer lines for businesses in Monterey and beyond! You can trust our team will work diligently to save you time and money on your sewer line services.