Sprinkler System Installation
Maintaining a lovely landscape around your home takes hard work, but if you’re hand-watering your lawn and plants, you’re working too hard. By adding a sprinkler irrigation system to your yard, you can drastically cut down your workload and ensure that your plants always get the moisture that they need.
Installing a sprinkler system is a job best left to professionals. Doing this task on your own risks leaks, high water bills, and lawn damage. So if you want to keep your yard intact and guarantee that your sprinkler system works efficiently, professional help is the way to go.
Not sure if you need to install an irrigation system in your yard? Keep reading to learn more about the advantages of a sprinkler system and if one makes sense for your property.
Why You Need an Irrigation System
Sprinklers conveniently take care of your lawn and other landscaping without constant manual effort. If you have a yard, even a small one, then irrigation system installation is almost certainly worth it.
Here are some of the benefits of installing a sprinkler system:
- Lawn maintenance: Even with intense dedication, it can be difficult to adequately water every part of your lawn, especially if you have a large property. Properly installed sprinklers water every part of your lawn without your having to lift a finger.
- Over- and under-watering prevention: Unless you’re a landscaper, over or under watering your landscaping is a real risk. Properly installed sprinklers are set to deliver the exact amount of water needed, so you don’t have to worry about accidentally killing your plants with improper watering.
- Time saving: Most homeowners don’t have the time to water their landscaping by hand. An automated sprinkler system saves you tons of time and yields a healthier lawn, too.
- Water saving: You’d think that sprinklers lead to using more water, but when properly programmed, they use water more efficiently than other methods.
How Irrigation System Installation Works
While sprinkler system installation is a job best left to the pros, knowing what it looks like can help you decide if it’s the right call for your yard. Here’s a brief explanation of how the professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing install sprinkler systems:
- Evaluate the space and determine the most efficient layout for your sprinklers. This planning stage helps us dig up as little of your yard as possible and set up sprinklers in a way that effectively waters all your plants.
- Remove the existing sod.
- Use a plow to pull the pipes through the ground.
- Dig out the areas around utilities by hand.
- Bore pipes under any obstructions.
- Clip pipes to the proper length.
- Double-clamp the main lines of the pipe.
- Install the sprinkler heads using a section of swing pipe.
- Install protective equipment on any wires.
- Re-cover and re-sod the areas that were dug up.
- Set sprinkler timers.
There are other methods of irrigation as well. Drip irrigation is a popular choice in drought-prone locations. Because it uses less water than sprinklers, it also works well for desert plant landscaping, where constant watering is unnecessary. The installation method for this type of irrigation differs from sprinklers.
Call Us for Irrigation System Installation Services
As you can see, installing a sprinkler system makes your life easier and your yard greener. If you’re looking to make your yard maintenance a whole lot simpler, then irrigation system installation is just a call away!
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing, we have decades of experience helping people like you with all sorts of plumbing installation needs. Give us a call at (855) 982-2028, or search for your closest location to get a sprinkler system installed soon!