When Should You Choose Water Heater Replacement?
Most hot water heaters last 11-20 years, but your water heater's lifespan depends on several factors. It may make more sense to replace your hot water heater instead of throwing more money at water heater repairs. You can call us if you aren't sure if you should choose water heater repair or water heater replacement. We will consider these factors when deciding which option will be most cost-effective:
- The age of your hot water heater - If your hot water heater is more than 15 years old, it is very likely inefficient and causes high energy bills while not providing enough hot water.
- Where it is installed - Depending on your regional climate, a hot water heater installed outside might have a shorter lifespan. Throughout its lifespan, it's exposed to rain, sleet, overnight freezes, and the hot sun, affecting its ability to heat water.
- How much maintenance it has gotten over the years - If you haven’t kept up with water heater maintenance, the lifespan of your water heater might be shorter.
- How many water heater repairs you’ve already performed - If you've invested a lot of money in hot water heater repairs over the years and your water heater still needs more, it is more logical to install a new water heater.
- The energy efficiency of the make and model - Older hot water heaters are less energy-efficient. If you want to lower your energy bills, you should install a newer, high-efficiency water heater.
- How much hot water your family needs daily - Water heaters come in different sizes, and if your water heater can't keep up with your family's daily needs, you might need one with a larger storage tank.
Replacing Your Hot Water Heater
If we determine that replacing the water heater is best for your family's needs (and your finances), we can help you choose the right water heater replacement. We'll consider your budget, lifestyle, and needs to figure out which of these water heater replacements is right for you:
- Conventional Water Heater - A conventional water heater has a large storage tank that can hold around 30-60 gallons of hot water that is ready to use when you need it. It runs on electricity, natural gas, propane, or fuel oil. Installing a conventional water heater may offer up to 7% lower water heating bills.
- Tankless Water Heater - A tankless water heater uses a heat exchanger to heat water when needed. It runs on electricity, propane, or natural gas. Installing a tankless water heater may offer up to 30% lower water heating bills.
- Hybrid Water Heater - A hybrid water heater uses an electric heat pump to transfer heat from outside the tank into the water. The water is stored in a small tank for later use. Installing a hybrid hot water heater may offer up to 60% lower water heating bills.
Why Choose Us for Hot Water Heater Repair?
When you choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing of The Central Coast, you get courteous, experienced service professionals. We work efficiently, so your water heater repairs are done quickly. We offer job estimates for the cost of residential water heater repair and replacement and convenient appointment times. We know our customers are busy, so we make it easy to schedule appointments online or through our 24/7 live answering service. We also make it easy for our customers to keep up with routine plumbing maintenance that will extend the lifespan of their appliances. We offer an Advantage Plan so you can schedule plumbing inspections, repairs, and maintenance and avoid more expensive plumbing problems down the road.
Need Emergency Water Heater Repair in Arroyo Grande, CA?
Do you need emergency water heater repair? Just call us today at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of The Central Coast. We show up on time for appointments and will quickly diagnose the problem with your water heater. We're always upfront about our prices and will find the most cost-effective solution for you, whether that is repairing or replacing your hot water heater. Call our 24/ live answering service or request a job estimate online for water heater repair in Arroyo Grande, Grover Beach, and Santa Maria, CA.