The water heater in your home could be one of a few different types and models. Does that mean you need to find a few plumbing companies to get it repaired or replaced? Not with us!
Our Muncie water heater repair technicians are highly trained and experienced, capable of serving any sort of residential water heater on the market. Thanks to our large stock of spare parts and components, we can complete most repairs on the same day as an initial inspection.
Our water heater technicians can repair or replace:
- Gas water heaters
- Electric water heaters
- Tankless water heaters
- Conventional water heaters
What Are The Signs A Water Heater Is Going Bad?
A water heater won’t exactly tell you what is wrong like a car’s dashboard will do. When there is an issue, you might not even know it because the warning signs could be subtle. But with a little extra attention towards the condition of your water heater and what it’s trying to tell you, spotting a defect early on is possible.
The four clearest signs that something is wrong with a water heater are:
- Minimal hot water supply: Your hot water heater should supply you with enough hot water for all your tasks and chores throughout the day, like bathing and cleaning. If it runs out way too early – or if it never heats up water at all – there is likely an issue with the system.
- Takes a long time to heat: Modern water heaters are designed to efficiently heat water to the set temperature, often within a matter of seconds. Call us if you find yourself standing in the shower for minutes just waiting for hot water.
- Leaks around the tank: During the coldest days of the year, you might notice some condensation on your water heater. Otherwise, any water appearing around the tank may indicate a leak somewhere in the system that needs a professional’s attention.
- Unusual noises: Gas, electric, tanked, and tankless water heaters alike should all run relatively quietly. Popping, sputtering, bubbling, whistling, or clunking noises are not good signs.
Of course, to eliminate the guesswork, though, count on Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Muncie. We can inspect any make, brand, or model of water heater to look for problems if there are any. Depending on what we find, we will recommend a repair or a replacement, and we can handle both jobs with ease.
For many water heaters, a repair will do, but some older models should be replaced to prevent subsequent future repairs. We always look for the right solution based on your unique situation, your expectations, and your budget.
Searching for quick and expert water heater repair in Muncie? Request your service online or dial to speak with our courteous team.
When to Replace a Water Heater
All water heaters, regardless of make, brand, or cost, are subject to regular wear and tear, as well as random breaks and defects. Eventually, the water heater in your home will outlive its predicted lifespan. At that point, replacing it outright will likely be more cost-effective than repairing it again and again.
Your water heater is probably ready to be replaced if it:
- Requires two or more repair services per year
- Is about 15 years old
- Produces rusty water when you turn on a hot water tap
- Has dense sediment buildup that resists cleaning
Once again, replacing your water heater is not a decision you have to make on your own. Come to Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Muncie and get the help of our water heater technicians.
We will help you understand your choices and how to make sure your water heater is up to code. We are dedicated to securing your customer loyalty and 100% customer satisfaction rating, which means recommending what we think would be the best option for you, not whatever is the most expensive.
If you need water heater repair in Muncie, request a job estimate by dialing now.