Common Signs of a Residential Plumbing Leak
If you want to stay on top of potential plumbing leaks before they result in costly repairs, it helps to know the common signs to watch out for. Check out the following common signs of leaking faucets and toilets:
- Faucet Constantly Drips – If your faucet is constantly dripping water, whether it’s one drop every couple minutes or several, it’s important to get it checked out by our service professionals.
- Rust or Water Puddles Around Fixtures – If you notice pools of water around the base of your tubs, drains, showers, faucets, or even on the floor below a faucet, call the service professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Phoenix Arizona to have your plumbing inspected.
- Increasing Water Bill – If you notice your water bill is increasing or higher than it usually is, you might have a plumbing leak on your property.
- Squeaky Faucets: Faucets that are hard to turn on and off and/or squeaking could indicate a severe plumbing issue, so it's essential to promptly reach out to our service professionals.
- Foul Odors: Foul odors around your home, such as a moldy or rotten food smell, could indicate a pipe leak.
- Strange Noises: If you hear bubbling or groaning sounds coming from the pipes behind or beneath your toilet, you may have a plumbing leak.
- Uneven Floor or Tile: In some cases, uneven floors can be the sign of a plumbing leak that’s been happening slowly over time.
Common Signs of a Leaking Water Heater
Your water heater might be in a part of your home you don't often see, whether in your garage or a closet inside your residence. It’s important to visually inspect the area around your water heater to ensure it’s not leaking water on the floor. Some common signs your water heater is leaking include:
- You can see water or excess moisture near the tank
- Floor tiles around the water heater are raised, or the flooring is uneven
- You hear strange noises like hissing, dripping water, or other unusual sounds from the water heater
- You run out of hot water more quickly than usual
Signs of a Washing Machine Leak
Like your water heater, your washing machine is probably in a part of your home that’s not accessible from every angle, so these leaks can often go unnoticed for long periods of time. It’s important to periodically check the area around your washing machine to ensure there are no obvious leaks. The most common signs of a leaking washing machine hose include the following:
- You notice a moldy or musty smell in your laundry room
- You can see pools of water behind or near the washing machine
- The washing machine hose connections are loose
- There’s visible rust on the outside of the hose connections
- The washing machine hoses are cracked or bulging
Broken Water Lines
Damaged water lines that aren’t addressed can severely damage your residential property, along with causing a rise in your water bill. These leaks can often go unnoticed because they’re located underground or within the walls of your home. Scheduling routine pipe maintenance with the service professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Phoenix Arizona is the best way to prevent broken residential water lines.
Schedule Your Leaking Pipe Service Today
The service professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Phoenix Arizona are here for all your residential leaking pipe repair needs. Our team has years of experience repairing down and out plumbing systems throughout Phoenix, AZ, and the surrounding areas, including Tempe, Scottsdale, Mesa, and Chandler, AZ. No matter how extensive your plumbing leak is, we’ll accurately diagnose the problem and deliver solutions to get your residential plumbing system back up and running reliably. Contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing today to learn more about our leaking pipe repair service or request an estimate to get started. We look forward to hearing from you.