The holiday season means food, family, friends, and festivities. But all those house guests can also put a strain on your plumbing system. Mr. Rooter® Plumbing can fix your plumbing emergencies when they arise, but it’s always better to prepare ahead of time to avoid holiday plumbing problems!
Before your house guests come to town, download our holiday preparedness checklist. It will provide you with the simple tips you need to get your plumbing system ready for this busy season. And if you notice problems with low water pressure or slow drains at any time of the year, this checklist will come in handy again.
Avoid Holiday Plumbing Problems
Is your water heater able to provide all your house guests with hot daily showers? Can your septic system keep up with the extra wastewater generated by your dishwasher and washing machine working overtime? If you’re not sure, Mr. Rooter can help. Check out our list of holiday plumbing tips for helpful suggestions.
Holiday Plumbing Preparedness Checklist
- Ask guests not to put inappropriate items down the garbage disposal. This includes:
- Fats, grease, butter, and oils
- Potato and cucumber peels
- Fruit rinds, stems, and cores
- Place a drain strainer over kitchen drains to keep food particles out of your pipes.
- Provide a wastebasket in each bathroom for non-flushable items.
- Place a drain strainer in each shower drain to catch hair before it can clog pipes.
- Clean calcium deposits from faucets and shower heads
- To ensure maximum capacity of your water heater, utilize the drain valve of your water heater tank to flush accumulated sediment from the bottom of the tank.
- To ensure limitless hot showers for all your guests, upgrade to a tankless water heater.
- Inspect your toilets for leaky flappers and loose flush chains.
- Keep a plunger next to each toilet in the house (just in case).
- Get slow drains professionally cleaned before your guests arrive.
Call Your Local Mr. Rooter for Your Plumbing Needs
The holidays will be here in no time, so don’t wait to whip your plumbing system into shape. If you need assistance to prevent holiday plumbing problems, call Mr. Rooter at 855-591-0128 or request a job estimate online.