To read more blogs, click here.
What Should You Do in the Case of a Plumbing Emergency?
Some of us are just naturally better able to keep our bearings in the face of adversity than others. But if your answer to a plumbing emergency is to run for the hills, hide your head in the sand or wait and see if it gets better on its own, it’s time to wise up.
While a plumbing emergency may not equate to a natural disaster or total catastrophe, it certainly has the potential for negative results including:
- Causing a major disturbance to your life.
- Leaving extensive damage to your home or office.
- Draining your savings and compromising your budget.
- Creating serious health and safety concerns.
Recognizing You Have an Emergency Plumbing Situation
There’s a big difference between realizing your toilet isn’t flushing properly and finding a pool of water forming in your attic or crawl space. The actions you take when you see a major problem with your plumbing can be the difference between a straightforward fix and having to negotiate extensive long-term repairs. When you see something wrong or identify a plumbing issue you can’t explain, the best thing you can do is pick up the phone and call in the experts.
Common emergency situations that require the help of a certified and experienced emergency plumber include:
- A burst pipe or uncontrolled leaking and flooding.
- A full septic tank that’s leaking or not operating properly.
- Odors, visible mold or signs of damage to appliances and ventilation systems.
- Sewage backup and severely blocked drainage pipes.
Calling Emergency Plumbers in Syracuse and Taking Preventative Action
Discovering you have a plumbing emergency can feel a little overwhelming. Instead of flipping out, stay calm and call your local emergency plumbers in Syracuse. However, just because help is on the way doesn’t mean you have to sit there helpless waiting for your emergency plumbers to arrive.
Steps to take on your own in case of emergency:
- Ask your emergency plumbers what you can do to contain the problem.
- Shut off water supplies to fixtures or appliances at their source.
- Do your best to plug leaks using towels, tape or whatever else is handy and effective.
- Place buckets under visible leakage to limit water damage and conditions that lead to mold and mildew.
Where to Find Expert Emergency Plumbers in Syracuse
When you have a serious problem with your plumbing, there’s no time to go thumbing through the phone book and vetting local businesses. In situations like this, it pays to have a relationship with an experienced emergency plumber in Syracuse and the surrounding areas.
Take the first step to protecting your home and property by visiting Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse today. You’ll find additional information on around-the-clock emergency plumbing services and cost-effective options in preventative maintenance plans.