Water Heater Repair & Replacement Services In Syracuse NY
Conventional hot water heaters have an average lifespan of between 10-15 years. If your system is reaching that age, it may be time to think about replacing it with a newer, more energy-efficient model.
As your local plumbing and HVAC expert, Mr. Rooter® Plumbing of Greater Syracuse can advise you of your options when your water heater stops working. In many cases, individual components can be replaced, extending the appliance's life — though after a point, continuing to sink money into temporary repairs ceases to be cost-effective.
When to Replace Your Water Heater
How do you know when it’s time to replace your water heater? Consider this checklist to formulate the best plan:
- The average lifespan of a home water heater can be anywhere between 10 and 15 years. Beyond that timeframe, it may not be economical to pursue a repair when something goes wrong.
- Tankless water heater technology has improved considerably in recent years. More efficient and powerful units are now available that provide hot water on demand without the hassle.
- Replacing your home water heater with a new ENERGY STAR®-certified model can save you money on your monthly utility bill. Over time, upgrading an aging water heater will provide a good return on your investment.
- Upgrading your home water heater is a great opportunity to check for leaks and other inefficiencies that may be compromising your system’s overall efficiency. Insulating piping around the heater and its tank can also reduce energy use.
Parts That Can Be Replaced
A water heater is a fairly simple system, and when it stops working, this issue can usually be traced back to one of a few component parts. Common and easily replaceable culprits include any of the following:
- Pilot light (gas units) or circuit breaker (electric)
- Pressure relief/drain valve
- Piping into and out of the unit
Each of these components is fairly simple to replace. If your hot water heater is less than ten years old, replacing the broken part is a sensible, cost-effective option.
Hot Water Tank
The lifespan of a conventional tank storage system is limited by the condition of the tank — over time, the tank will corrode, eventually leading to leaks that can cause damage to your home. As your water tank ages, check it regularly for signs of rust and corrosion. If one of the component parts of your heater fails, a Mr. Rooter Plumbing technician can advise you on the state of your tank. If leaks are beginning to form, replacing your hot water heater with a newer unit may be a better idea.
Hot Water Tank Replacement
Whether your old unit has finally died, or you want to upgrade to a more efficient model, Mr. Rooter Plumbing can help find the replacement hot water heater that's right for you. We offer energy-efficient tankless options that can not only save you money on your utility bills, they are also easier to maintain and last longer than conventional heaters. We also carry ENERGY STAR®-certified storage tank systems.
Call us today and find out why we're Syracuse's water heater replacement experts!