Water Heater Repair in Syracuse, NY
Trusted Water Heater Repair Near You - Call Us 24/7!
Dealing with a hot water heater that has no hot water? Or did you just discover a leak or a bunch of corrosion on the outside of your tank? Call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse! No matter the issue, you can count on us for quick and reliable water heater repair in Syracuse.
Your water heater is made of complex parts, like cold water values, pressure release valves, and gas or electric supply lines. Water heaters are complicated plumbing fixtures that require the expert's touch for quick (and safe) repairs.
Need a reliable water heater repair company? Request your service online or call us at (315) 472-1203. We respect your home and property!
Why Choose Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse?
With our years of experience fixing water heaters, we've seen it all. From early morning leaks to the dreaded "I have no hot water" scenarios, count on us to help.
Why trust us for your water heater repair? Some reasons include:
- Our parts & workmanship guarantee
- Our flat-rate, up-front pricing
- Our professional, courteous, and prompt service
- Our licensed and insured plumbers
We've had the privilege of serving thousands of customers in Syracuse and the surrounding areas. We look forward to serving you anyway we can.
You're welcome to visit our reviews page to see why our clients love our service. To request your water heater repair, contact us by dialing (315) 472-1203 today.
How Long Do Water Heaters Last?
Conventional hot water heaters have an average lifespan of between 10-15 years. If your system is reaching that age, it may be time to think about replacing it with a newer, more energy-efficient model.
As your local plumbing expert, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse can advise you of your options when your water heater stops working. In many cases, individual components can be replaced, extending the water heater's life — though after a point, continuing to sink money into temporary repairs ceases to be cost-effective.
How Does Water Heater Replacement Work?
A certified Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse technician will fix your water heater by removing the old one and installing a new one in three hours or less.
Hot water replacement can be a challenging job for the individual, so it's always a safe bet to enlist the help of a professionally trained and licensed plumber to complete the job correctly.
You can count on Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse for upfront, flat-rate pricing and flexible appointment times.
Emergency Water Heater Repair Services
A locally owned and operated company, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse never charges overtime fees in the case of an emergency.
Whether your property has experienced damage or you're facing a plumbing issue, we're here for you. Our team of experts is available on holidays and around the clock to provide emergency repairs on your home's water heater.
The Areas We Serve
We're proud do service Syracuse and the surrounding areas.
Some of our service area includes:
How Soon Can You Expect a Water Heater Expert
Your hot water heater concerns become our main priority the moment you contact us. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse technicians will take action immediately and diagnose problems quickly. We'll talk you through repairs and replacements, identify the source and extent of the damage and let you know our plan of action and upfront pricing.
Our plumbers are standing by to fix your water heater in Syracuse. We'll perform preventive techniques to ensure your water heater operates optimally for the long term.
What to Do Until the Plumber Arrives
If you're in the Syracuse area and notice a leak in your hot water heater, the best thing you can do is to give the plumbers at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse a call at 315-363-1565 right away.
While you're waiting for a plumber to arrive:
- Stop the water.
- Shut off all power.
- Clean up.
- Make an insurance claim.
What Are Signs You Need Water Heater Repair?
You may run into various issues based on the type of hot water heater you own. There are three kinds of water heaters:
- Gas water heaters
- Electric water heaters
- Tankless water heaters
Here are some major warning signs to look out for that indicate you should repair your water heater:
- Strange noises coming from your water heater - Rumbling, popping, or banging sounds can be a sign that sediment has built up in the tank and is causing damage to the heating elements.
- Your hot water supply is limited or nonexistent - This could indicate a malfunctioning heating element or a broken dip tube that is not allowing cold water to mix properly with hot water in the tank.
- The age of your water heater - most last about 10-15 years before needing replacement.
- Rust-colored hot water coming from the tap – this means rust has likely formed on the inside of the tank and it’s time for repair or replacement.
- The pilot light won’t stay lit or there is no pilot light at all - This could indicate a faulty thermocouple or gas valve that needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Leaking around the base of the water heater - This could mean a corroded tank, damaged plumbing connections, or a broken pressure relief valve.
- A constantly running pilot light or burner – this means the thermostat may not be functioning properly and needs to be checked by a professional.
- Your energy bills have suddenly increased without explanation – this can signal an inefficient water heater in need of repair or replacement.
If you notice any of these signs, contact our professional for water heater repair experts to request an estimate for a water heater service.
New Hot Water Heater vs. Repair
Sometimes your water heater can benefit from a simple repair, while other times, a complete replacement is needed. Here's how to tell the difference between when a hot water repair is required versus a new installation.
When to Replace Your Water Heater
How do you know when it’s time to replace your water heater? Consider this checklist to formulate the best plan:
- The average lifespan of a home water heater can be anywhere between 10 and 15 years. Beyond that timeframe, it may not be economical to pursue a repair when something goes wrong.
- Tankless water heater technology has improved considerably in recent years. More efficient and powerful units are now available that provide hot water on demand without the hassle.
- Replacing your home water heater with a new ENERGY STAR®-certified model can save you money on your monthly utility bill. Over time, upgrading an aging water heater will provide a good return on your investment.
- Upgrading your home water heater is a great opportunity to check for leaks and other inefficiencies that may be compromising your system’s overall efficiency. Insulating piping around the heater and its tank can also reduce energy use.
Parts That Can Be Replaced
A water heater is a fairly simple system, and when it stops working, this issue can usually be traced back to one of a few component parts. Common and easily replaceable culprits include any of the following:
- Pilot light (gas units) or circuit breaker (electric)
- Pressure relief/drain valve
- Piping into and out of the unit
Each of these components is fairly simple to replace. If your hot water heater is less than ten years old, replacing the broken part is a sensible, cost-effective option.
Hot Water Tank
The lifespan of a conventional tank storage system is limited by the condition of the tank — over time, the tank will corrode, eventually leading to leaks that can cause damage to your home. As your water tank ages, check it regularly for signs of rust and corrosion. If one of the component parts of your heater fails, a Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse technician can advise you on the state of your tank. If leaks are beginning to form, replacing your hot water heater with a newer unit may be a better idea.
Benefits of Calling Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse
Since 1970, Mr. Rooter Plumbing has been committed to performing quality work at honest prices. Today, we're a large family of independently owned and operated plumbing companies that continually strive to provide the best customer service possible.
Certifications and Licenses
One of the best ways to ensure you get the services you need is by investingin an expert. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse is confident we can handle your issue effectively, as wesend only qualified plumbers to get the job done right. Our experts have the necessary licenses and insurance coverage to bring a wealth of insight into the requirements of each project.
Water Heater FAQs
Our most frequently asked water heater questions include the following.
Why Is My Hot Water Heater Noisy?
A rumbling noise usually indicates expanding heated water is escaping from sediment at the bottom of a tank.
Why Is My Water Heater Leaking?
If there is a leak at the top of your water heater, this usually indicates a malfunctioning plumbing part or fitting. In this case, you can most likely get your water heater repaired.
If the leak is coming from the bottom, this usually means you will need a total water heater replacement as there is most likely a crack in the internal tank.
Average Water Heater Repair Cost
The average cost of repairing a water heater is $506. However, this estimate will vary depending on the heater's make and model.
Water Heater Repair Reviews in Syracuse
Need to know more before placing your trust in us? See what people are saying about Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse.
Call a Nearby Syracuse, New York Plumber for Hot Water Tank Repair and Replacement
Whether your old unit has finally died, or you want to upgrade to a more efficient model, Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse can help find the replacement hot water heater that's right for you. We offer energy-efficient tankless options that can not only save you money on your utility bills, they are also easier to maintain and last longer than conventional heaters. We also carry ENERGY STAR®-certified storage tank systems.
Call us today and find out why we're Syracuse's water heater replacement experts!