Residential Water Heater Repair & Replacement in Baltimore, MD
Fast, Reliable Water Heater Repair
Water heaters need regular maintenance and repairs to make sure that they are working effectively, are energy-efficient, and aren’t causing an increase in your home’s water bills or water heating costs. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Baltimore, our service professionals have decades of experience in residential water heater repair and replacement in Baltimore, MD. If your water heater is giving you trouble and you can’t bathe, clean, or wash dishes, call our 24/7 live answering service and we’ll send a service technician to your home for water heater repair. We offer job estimates online for customers who are worried about water heater repair costs, and we’re always upfront and transparent about our prices. Call us today or schedule an appointment for water heater repair online.
Why Do I Need Water Heater Repair?
Even the best water heaters occasionally need repair. If you notice any of the following problems with your water heater or hot water supply, call our 24/7 answering service at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Baltimore to schedule fast water heater repair:
- Frequent fluctuations in water temperature or pressure
- Water leaking from your water heater or signs of water damage like rust, corrosion, water stains, a mildew smell, or pools of water on the floor near the water heater
- Strange new sounds coming from your water heater
- A pilot light that won’t light or won’t stay lit
- Rusty water, or water that is cloudy with an unpleasant smell
- Not enough hot water to meet your household’s needs
- You haven’t had hot water heater maintenance in more than two years
Regular water heater maintenance is important, and we recommend our customers schedule a water heater inspection and maintenance every two years or so, depending on the age of your hot water heater. We offer an Advantage Plan that makes it easier for our customers to schedule routine plumbing maintenance and plumbing repairs.
How Do I Know If I Need Water Heater Replacement?
While most hot water heaters can last between 11-20 years, eventually you will need hot water heater replacement. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Baltimore, we will never recommend a customer purchase a product or service they don’t need, so we will do a full evaluation of your hot water heater to determine how to proceed. If we determine it would be more cost-effective to install a new water heater, we will let you know. We consider several factors when considering whether you need water heater repair or water heater replacement:
- Your hot water heater is over 15 years old
- Your water heater has undergone frequent repairs
- Your water heater has never gotten routine maintenance
- Your household’s hot water needs have changed
- Your tap water has a metallic smell or taste
- The water looks cloudy, sandy, or rusty
- Your water heating bill has increased but you still aren’t getting enough hot water
New Water Heater Installation
When installing a new water heater, you can choose from a conventional water heater, a tankless water heater, or a hybrid water heater. We install these common types of home hot water heaters:
- Conventional Water Heater - A conventional hot water heater stores hot water in a large tank until you’re ready to use it. Conventional water heaters can use electricity, natural gas, fuel oil, or propane as fuel. An energy-efficient water heater can lower your water heating costs by as much as 7%.
- Tankless Water Heater - A tankless water heater, or on-demand water heater, heats water as it passes through the unit, using a heat exchanger to bring water up to temperature almost instantaneously. Tankless water heaters can use electricity, natural gas, or propane as fuel. A tankless water heater can reduce the cost of heating water by up to 30%.
- Hybrid Water Heater - A hybrid water heater uses a holding tank like a conventional water heater, but it also uses a heat pump to capture warm air and transmits it to the water. It operates like a refrigerator in reverse. A hybrid water heater can lower your water heating costs by up to 60%.
Why Choose Us?
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Baltimore, our service technicians have decades of experience in plumbing repairs and will be upfront about whether you need hot water heater repair or replacement. We offer flat rate pricing for many of our plumbing services and offer job estimates so there are no surprises when you get our invoice. If you’re worried about water heater repair costs, you can request a job estimate online and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. When you call us for hot water heater repair, we will show up on time and in uniform. We work quickly and efficiently, so you won’t have to go for long without hot water. All our workmanship and parts are guaranteed.
Call Today to Schedule Water Heater Repair in Baltimore
If you need residential water heater repair or replacement in Baltimore, Cockeysville, or Catonsville, MD, call our 24/7 answering service to schedule an appointment. Our service professionals at Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Baltimore can quickly diagnose the underlying problem with your water heater and determine if it would be more cost-effective to repair or replace your water heater. Don’t go for days or weeks without hot water in your home. If you need hot water heater repair, request a job estimate online today.