To read more blogs, click here.
5 Bathtub Types for All Ages
Is it time to remodel your home’s bathroom, but you’re stuck wondering what the best fixtures are to fit your budget, your family's needs and your bathroom’s aesthetic? Luckily, when you decide to shop around for a new tub, there are five bathtub types you can choose that can fit any style or day-to-day needs and usage. Whether you need a tub to relax in at the end of the day or a bathtub that is safe for children or elderly family members, one of these five bathtubs can work for your home:
- Freestanding Tub: Most notably, freestanding bathtubs are installed to make a luxurious and beautiful statement in your bathroom and aren’t connected to a wall. They’re larger than a typical tub and often made from marble, acrylic or concrete. They're great for long immersion baths at the end of the day. However, because they are deeper and higher than a normal bathtub, they’re not ideal for bathing children or for anyone who has difficulties getting in and out of the tub.
- Whirlpool: These tubs offer a bit of versatility to your bathroom and can be either freestanding or tucked into a corner. The jets are great for aching muscles and winding down. Whirlpool tubs are difficult to clean and aren’t ideal as the sole bathtub option for families with children.
- Walk-in Bathtub: Popular because of their easy accessibility for seniors or anyone with physical accessibility problems, walk-in tubs are easy to get in and out of and increase peace of mind. Added benefits of walk-in bathtubs include that they also double as showers and are good for hydrotherapy or therapeutic healing.
- Recessed Tub: Recessed bathtubs are good for limited bathroom spaces or for creating a modern look. They are easy to clean and renovate should home styles change and can act as a foot bath or a walk-in tub. Recessed tubs are good for kids because they can be elevated to prevent fall-ins.
- Garden Bathtub: This style got its name because garden tubs were traditionally placed outside. Now, they’re a versatile indoor option that can have steps, be above or below the floor or have whirlpool jets installed. Garden bathtubs are deeper than a normal tub but can be customized to fit your family’s needs.