At the end of a long day or to cap off an entertaining evening with friends, is there anything better than soaking in a hot tub under the stars? Many manufacturers may claim their hot tub brands do not require plumbing, but without a basic plumbing setup, your hot tub would just be a bucket of water to soak in.
Like many of the most important fixtures in your home, your hot tub uses an important plumbing system to operate properly. To keep your hot tub clean and comfortable, it’s essential to understand how the plumbing parts of your hot tub work.
Basic Hot Tub Plumbing
Although your hot tub doesn’t have a water supply line — most hot tubs are filled and drained using a garden hose — the hot tub’s plumbing system kicks in once the tub is filled. The tub’s plumbing parts form a closed loop, circulating the water non-stop while the tub is on through several connections, pipes, plugs, valves, clamps and hoses. While there are several hot tub plumbing parts working simultaneously, the most basic plumbing fittings are:
- Suction lines: To keep your hot tub’s water clean and circulating, a suction line powered by the pump continually removes, filters and returns water.
- Pump: The pump pushes water throughout the tub and plumbing system through the filter and the skimmer, to ensure the water stays moving and clean.
- Hot return line: The hot return line is a system of PVC pipes and basic hot tub fittings located off of the tub’s heating system that help deliver fresh hot water to the tub.
- PVC tubes: PVC tubes installed around the exterior of the hot tub help complete the hot tub’s plumbing and deliver water throughout all of the different systems and back to the tub.
- Jets: Jets are the most recognizable plumbing part of any hot tub — the jet nozzle creates the fast stream of water and air that helps massage your skin.
Common Hot Tub Plumbing Repair
Being exposed to harsh exterior elements year-round, you may find that your hot tub plumbing becomes worn and damaged over time. If you find water pooling at the base of your hot tub or other inefficiencies, you may have one of the following common hot tub plumbing issues:
- Leaky plumbing fittings
- Clogged tub jets
- Damaged pump
When Your Hot Tub Is Leaking, Reach Out to Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse, we’re dedicated to helping you keep your hot tub in optimal condition for long-term relaxation and peace. We work with homeowners throughout the Greater Syracuse, NY, area and help with all types of hot tub plumbing repair needs large and small.
All our plumbing experts are licensed by Onondaga County for plumbing leak detection or any plumbing-related project and will work efficiently to locate the issue with your hot tub plumbing and recommend quality solutions. To learn more about our hot tub plumbing repairs or request a free service estimate, fill out our online contact form or call us today at 315-472-1203.