With cool weather in full swing, it's time to move away from outdoor activities and start thinking about projects you can do in your home instead. No reason to stress or become overwhelmed by boredom — DIY activities can be fun and engaging for you and your family.
Bathroom DIY projects like painting, creating new shelving or updating faucets can improve the overall look of your bathroom and help you stay occupied this fall.
Four Tips for DIY Bathroom Remodeling
Redecorate and make improvements to your bathroom without breaking the bank. Here are four budget-friendly DIY remodeling options for your bathroom:
- Introduce new shelving: Installing bathroom shelves can be a stylish way to re-organize and redefine space. Whether you choose slab-style wooden shelves or wooden Thoreau ascending shelves, there are many ways to effectively and stylishly make use of your space.
- Refinish or touch up your tub: Relining or refinishing your bathtub is a cost-effective way to freshen up your bathroom. Use touch-up products to easily spot-fix your tub.
- Freshen caulk and grout: Looking for an inexpensive way to freshen up your bathroom? Try replacing the caulk and grout. Clean the existing grout and add a new layer of caulk around the tub and sink.
- Paint: Choose your paint style wisely when remodeling your bathroom. Mildew and mold can build quickly due to excess moisture and constant changes in temperature and humidity. Use high-quality paint with a satin finish to resist the growth of mold.
DIY Plumbing Ideas for Your Bathroom
Think plumbing projects are only for professionals? Think again! Whether you want to replace, adjust, repair or remove plumbing, these two DIY plumbing update ideas are simple ways to elevate your bathroom:
- Update sink faucet: To update an existing faucet, remove the old valve, take out the drain and install the new faucet. You have several designs to choose from, such as a bridge style, spread-fit, centerset, vessel, wall-mount, single-handle, deck mount and more.
- Install a vessel sink: Vessel sinks can withstand years of use and add aesthetic value to your bathroom. They are made from various materials, including bronze, glass, porcelain, copper, stone, bamboo and stainless steel. You have endless options when it comes to choosing a bathroom sink design.
Contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse Today
If you need assistance with bathroom installations or repairs this season, call Mr. Rooter Plumbing at 315-472-1203 or contact us online. We are a licensed plumber in the Greater Syracuse area, and can come out and do a "Plumbing Check Up" on all the plumbing in your home at no charge.