If you are looking for ways to save energy, reduce your carbon footprint and lower your household bills, consider implementing a solar water heating system. This water heating option has increased in popularity and efficiency due to advances in solar technology, offering many homeowners a wide range of benefits.
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse, we want to help you reduce your carbon footprint and achieve greater energy savings with your water heater. This is why we specialize in plumbing and septic services as well as energy-efficient water heater installation and maintenance. Learn more about the types and benefits of solar water heating systems in this guide.
Types of Solar Water Heaters
There are two general categories of solar water heaters: active systems and passive systems. Active solar water heating systems are generally more efficient than passive systems, since the latter has higher energy requirements. At the same time, passive systems are more economical. Both systems feature unique benefits for your home.
Active solar water heaters include two system types:
- Direct circulation systems: These systems circulate water through collectors in your home and are good options for warmer climates.
- Indirect circulation systems: These systems heat the water using heat transfer fluid before it flows into your house and are better suited for colder climates.
Passive solar water heating systems include:
- Thermosyphon systems: In this more heavy-duty system, the collector is stored beneath the storage tank.
- Integral collector-storage systems: These systems work well for warmer climates that rarely drop below freezing.
Talk to an expert about the best solar water heating systems for your home's specific needs in order to make the most out of solar water heating technology.
Energy Savings and Other Benefits of Solar Water Heaters
While some solar water heaters may be less efficient options for homeowners, they come with a wide range of benefits for both your wallet and the environment. Here are some advantages of opting for a solar water heating system for your home:
- Cost-effective: You can save money on your energy costs over time.
- Low maintenance: These water heating systems require little maintenance to heat your water all year long.
- Eco-friendly: Solar water heating systems are environmentally friendly alternatives to traditional options, leaving a much smaller carbon footprint.
- Longevity: If your solar water heating system is well-maintained, it can last for up to 20 years.
Learn More About Solar Water Heating Systems
If you are interested in achieving significant energy savings, a solar water heater is an ideal option. At Mr. Rooter Plumbing, we're here to help you find the right eco-friendly water heating system for your home. Our licensed plumbers are some of the most recognized professionals in the world, offering upfront pricing, convenient appointment times and courteous customer service. We are certified by Onondaga County for any plumbing-related project.
For more energy-saving tips and water heater installation services in the Greater Syracuse area, talk to the experts at Mr. Rooter Plumbing at 315-472-1203 or request a free estimate today.