Water Heater Maintenance in Baldwinsville, NY
Your water heater is essential for tasks such as showering, washing the dishes and doing the laundry. While it can be easy to take this system for granted, you can also be faced with a problem that disrupts your hot water access and puts a kink in your daily routine.
Luckily, you can avoid major water heater issues with regular preventative maintenance services performed by professionals like Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse. Our licensed technicians will thoroughly inspect your water heater, perform any necessary repairs or adjustments and make any further care or service recommendations.
Common Water Heater Problems
Regular water heater maintenance can help you avoid these common problems:
- No hot water: If you're not getting any hot water, the heating element may need to be replaced.
- Noisy tank: A noisy water heater usually indicates that sediment has collected and settled at the bottom of the tank. While that's normal, if it's left unchecked, it can damage the water heater.
- Leaks: Leaks can quickly become major problems that damage your property, so it's crucial to contact a professional like Mr. Rooter Plumbing as soon as you notice any.
- Smelly water: If your hot water has an unpleasant, rotten egg odor, it's a sign of bacteria contamination and must be addressed right away.
These issues are often caused by problems that started small but were left undetected or untreated. Our licensed plumbers have the knowledge and tools to detect minor issues and address them before they become bigger and less manageable.
Baldwinsville, NY, Water Heater Inspection
Water heaters require expert inspection to ensure that everything is working properly and without issue. When the professionals from Mr. Rooter Plumbing arrive for your maintenance service, you can expect the following steps:
- Sediment flush: We will flush the water in your water heater to remove any sediment buildup.
- Anode rod inspection: The anode rod in your water heater is designed to prevent rust from forming, as such a buildup can severely damage your water heater. Anode rods naturally dissolve over time, so we will check to see if yours needs replacement.
- Health analysis: We will make note of any indications of potential short-term or long-term issues and inform you of what to watch out for.
Professional water heater maintenance services should be performed at least once per year to prevent minor issues from developing.
Reach Out to Mr. Rooter Plumbing for Baldwinsville, NY, Water Heater Maintenance
If your water heater is in need of maintenance services, schedule an appointment with us today. Our Baldwinsville, NY, water heater maintenance plumbers are licensed professionals who can handle any water heater issues they encounter. We will schedule your service at a time that is convenient for you, arrive promptly and perform work quickly with as little interruption to you as possible.
We can also cover any related requirements you have in the future, including the following water heater services:
- Water heater installation
- Water heater repair
- Hot water on demand
- Water heater replacement