If you are buying a home, then you have many decisions to make . If you find a home that you really like, think about getting an inspection done prior to making and offer or before closing at the latest. You may also want to offer plumbing reports to buyers that are interested in your home.
What Will a Plumbing Inspection Tell You as a Buyer?
- A plumber will check your water heater and make sure that it works before you buy the house. The last thing you need is to wake up the first morning in your new home to a shower that won’t get warm!
- Make sure all of the toilets work well. A plumber will test all of the toilets to make sure they are working well.
- An inspection will consider the color of the water. You may even want to do a water test to see what is in the water and if you’ll need a water filter. If the color of the water isn’t right, this could mean the home needs new pipes.
- Water pressure is a good indicator that the home could have other problems. It could also just mean that the house has low water pressure and will be an annoyance until you have a plumber fix it.
- The drains will be looked at for clogs and signs of sewer line problems.
- A plumber will inspect sinks, bathtubs, shower, toilets, and should check connections to appliances.
You will get a full report to let you know the plumber’s findings in the home you are interested in purchasing. Alternatively, as a seller, you can order and inspection and allow potential buyers to view the report. Either way, a plumbing inspection is a great way to have peace of mind in your plumbing system in The Woodlands, TX.
Mr. Rooter is available for plumbing inspections, drain cleaning, and water testing services to make sure the home you buy has plumbing that works great for you and your family!