There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to septic system maintenance. Every household is different. The number of people living in your home, the size and condition of your tank and other factors have a big impact on your inspection schedule. A general rule is to have a licensed plumber with septic experience take a look every one to three years, but your Mr. Rooter professional can help you establish the right schedule for your system’s maintenance plan.
You’ll also want to schedule an inspection before the sale or purchase of the home. This helps home sellers present an accurate picture of their system to potential buyers and avoid contract hiccups near closing. For buyers, it ensures you’ve been given the right information and that the system is prepared for the demands of your family. That’s especially important if you have a larger family than the current owners.
Regular septic tank inspections in and around Camillus help you avoid:
- Septic overflow
- Drain field contamination
- Potential health problems
- Massive fines
- Expensive repair bills
Homeowners don’t always realize the impact of neglecting a septic system. It’s not just an issue of enjoying your property to its fullest or having the convenience of indoor plumbing. A leaking septic tank can contaminate the water supply around your home.
The Benefits of Scheduling a Septic Tank Check
There are many benefits to scheduling a septic tank check with Mr. Rooter Plumbing:
- We employ licensed plumbers certified by Onondaga County for plumbing leak detection or any plumbing related project.
- We have experience with septic system inspections in the Camillus area, including relevant local codes.
- We use state-of-the-art equipment to test tanks, pipes and other system components for leaks and wear.
- We will schedule an inspection at your convenience, even during evening and weekend hours.
- We spare you the mess and discomfort of checking your septic tank on your own.
We know many homeowners enjoy performing all of their own maintenance work, but many aren’t prepared for the task when it comes to a septic inspection. Hire Mr. Rooter Plumbing to regularly assess your septic system’s health. You’ll ensure your home has the comfort of indoor plumbing, prevent surprise expenses and keep your community safe.
Schedule your septic tank inspection with Mr. Rooter Plumbing today.
Other Camillus Septic Services from Mr. Rooter