Septic System Installation in Camillus
Homeowners tend to ignore their septic tank systems until there’s a problem, and they often consider the installation of a new septic tank or absorption field the ultimate solution. Unfortunately, without adequate planning, your new septic solution can still become a problem in no time.
Appropriate Septic System Design
There are several different types of septic systems on the market, and Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Greater Syracuse is versed in all of them. From cesspools and pits found on the oldest rural properties to advanced new systems utilizing a series of pumps and bacteria to quickly break down waste, we know which upgrades or repairs you’ll need.
Much of this depends on why you’re replacing older equipment to begin with. It may be that your family has grown or a natural disaster damaged what was already in place. You may have moved into a home that used to have fewer occupants or simply had equipment that was nearing its end of use. A high-quality tank should last 40 years or more, but the surrounding property makes a big impact.
Here are just a few indicators your septic system will have a short life:
- Your land is near a source of water
- The soil is often moist
- There are many plants and trees on your property
Efficient septic tank installation in Camillus takes these limitations into account and determines the best components for the land into the design. It takes a true expert with years of experience to customize septic systems to a property — and even the local climate.
Mr. Rooter Plumbing has that advantage along with the equipment to get the job done right. In short, if you know you’ll be facing challenges, plan for them ahead of time. That way, your new tank and components will likely last for the duration they should.
Extending the Life of a Newly Installed Septic System
Replacing old equipment or redoing a drain field are major jobs. Make sure your new septic system lasts as long as possible by following these helpful reminders:
- Have your tank inspected every one to three years by a trained professional. Mr. Rooter Plumbing employs licensed plumbers certified by Onondaga County for plumbing leak detection or any plumbing related project. We also have the right plumbing tools, such as our plumbing cameras, capable of detecting leaks and clogs.
- Pump your system every three to five years, or as directed by your installer. Solid waste, grease, hair and other matter that makes its way into your septic tank eventually has to be removed. This is the number one way of extending the life of your septic system, so speak with a professional on how often this task should be done.
- Avoid flushing items that could cause clogs or disrupt your system. Caustic chemicals found in everyday cleaning supplies can be surprisingly powerful. The wrong item used in the wrong amount can wipe out your septic tank’s beneficial bacteria and lead to major problems. Likewise, items you can flush down a toilet can clog your system, such as excess water or prescription drugs.
Ready for a new septic tank installation in or around Camillus? Make the most of every dollar you spend by hiring the area’s experts. Contact Mr. Rooter Plumbing today.