When you look for a “plumber near me,” it will generate a seemingly endless list of plumbing companies. How do you decide which one to choose? Mr. Rooter of Dallas isn’t like other plumbing contractors. When you work with us, you get:
- Access to a team of insured and licensed plumbers
- 24-hour emergency plumbing services
- Experienced plumbers committed to providing exceptional customer service
- Upfront prices and free estimates—if the job takes longer than we expected, we won't charge you an additional hourly rate.
- Our Done Right Promise—our job will be done right the first time
Put simply, with our expert plumbers; you have nothing to lose and everything to gain! We stand by the quality of our workmanship and superior customer focus. We'll always provide you with the best plumbing solution for your situation at the most affordable price.
Highland Park Plumber Repair Services
No homeowner ever expects to need a Highland Park plumber, but the need for plumbing repairs sometimes comes up unexpectedly. Among our most requested Highland Park, plumber repair services are clogged drains, leaky pipes, and faucet repairs. These plumbing issues often arise due to tree roots in yards and the age of some Highland Park homes.
Has your water bill gone up for no apparent reason? Is there a musty smell in an area of your home that you just can’t seem to get rid of? There’s a good chance that you have a leaky pipe. Sometimes, leaks are obvious. A puddle of water around your toilet base or under your sink is a clear indication, as are stains on your ceiling and walls. But sometimes, you might need leak repair and be none the wiser.
There's one fairly surefire way of establishing whether you leak. First, you'll want to shut off all the water in your home. This includes making sure that your dishwasher and washing machine isn't running. Then, go take a look at your water meter. Write down the number displayed on your meter, and then come back in a couple of hours. If the number has changed despite not using any water, you leak somewhere.
Like clogs, there are many possible causes of a leaky pipe. These could include:
- Clogged lines. Depending on the position and density of the blockage, the water pressure in your lines could increase and cause leaks where pipes are joined. If ignored, your pipe could even burst, leading to a plumbing emergency.
- Corroding pipes. Best practices for the type of material used in plumbing systems have changed over the years. If you live in an older property, your plumbing system may be made of a material that corrodes easily. Overuse of chemical drain cleaners can also corrode pipes.
- Tree roots. As beautiful as big old trees are, their roots are fast-growing and strong. Tree roots can damage underground pipes by pushing them out of place.
A plumber in Highland Park, TX, can find the source of the leaks, diagnose the cause, and propose a repair strategy that includes your total cost. Our professional plumbers can also provide a wide range of preventative services to reduce the chance of a pipe leak from developing in the first place.
Leaky faucets are as common as clogged pipes and can be fixed by a skilled Highland Park plumber in a jiffy. We generally recommend against fixing leaky faucets on your own unless you’re experienced. A leaky faucet may be caused by a few different problems:
- A damaged O-ring
- A corroded valve seat
- Worn-out washers, discs, balls, or cartridges
- Incorrect installation
While the replacement process for O-rings is fairly straightforward unless you’ve seen your fair share of faucets, diagnosing whether or not the O-rings is responsible for the leak will be challenging. If you have high-end plumbing fixtures, you also don’t want to risk damaging them or losing any parts. Your best course of action is to hire a skilled plumber in Highland Park, TX.
In addition to leaky faucets, you might also find yourself with a leaky toilet. Causes of a leaky toilet include:
- Failing flapper. If you can hear a dripping sound around your toilet but can’t find any puddles, there is an issue in your water tank. Oftentimes, this is the result of a worn-out flapper. The flapper acts like a seal between the tank and the bowl, opening when the toilet is flushed and closing when not in use. Over time, it can begin to deteriorate and require replacement.
- Failing seals. Between your toilet and floor are seals that keep the water in. If you notice water around the base of the toilet, your seals may need to be replaced.
- Rusted pipes. Like seals, rusted or corroded pipes can cause water to accumulate around the toilet. Rusted pipes will need to be replaced to fix this issue.
- Tank-to-bowl connector leaks. Any leak occurring between the tank and the bowl may indicate that the components connecting these two parts have loosened up or worn down over time.
Depending on the cause of the leak, toilet repair can be a messy project. A flapper replacement is quick and easy to install, but pipe problems will require more invasive work. To ensure your toilet is repaired properly, contact a Highland Park plumber from Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Dallas.
Highland Park Plumber Preventative Maintenance Services
Although plumbing emergencies sometimes occur without a moment's notice, it doesn't always have to be so. By hiring a Highland Park plumber for preventative maintenance services, you can avoid clogged drains, a sewer backup, and sudden hot water heater failure from occurring.
Drain Cleaning Services
Clogged drains are a common plumbing issue for all Americans, regardless of where they live. Though hard water that isn’t properly filtered can contribute to a clogged drain, the most common reason clogs develop is due to homeowners putting things down the drain that don’t belong there. Some of these things include:
- Feminine hygiene products
- Flushable wipes
- Bacon grease and oil
- Coffee grounds
- Food debris
If you’re not the first owner of your Highland Park home, you have no idea what could be in your pipes. Whether you need a Highland Park plumber to unclog your drain or want to have your pipes cleared for your peace of mind, your local Highland Park plumber provides you with the following services:
- Drain snaking. Using an auger, an expert Highland Park plumber will break up the clog to allow water to flow freely again. This is a cost-effective solution for an immediate problem, but it does not clear out the entire clog. You, therefore may need to request service again soon.
- Enzymatic Drain Care™. Household drain cleaners are harsh, bad for the environment, and can damage both your pipes and your health. Your local Highland Park plumber uses a special environmentally-friendly drain cleaner that uses enzymes—proteins that break down matter—to clear the clog.
- HydroScrub® Jetting. The above two methods will temporarily clear clogs in plumbing systems, but they won’t prevent the clog from returning. Using our HydroScrub® Jetting services, we’ll shoot up to 3500 psi of water through your pipes to clear them completely. No debris will be left behind.
Sewer Backup Prevention
Of all the possible plumbing problems, sewer backup is the one that homeowners dread the most. Not only can a backup cause extensive damage to your home, but it can be a major health hazard as well.
There are two types of sewer lines in the town of Highland Park: sanitary sewer lines and lateral sewer lines. Sanitary sewer lines are owned by the town and run along roadways. Lateral sewer lines extend between the sanitary sewer line and your property.
Occasionally, sewer line backups occur as a result of a clog in the sanitary sewer. This prevents the wastewater from your property from flowing, causing a backup in your home. A sanitary sewer clog is a risk whenever Texas gets heavy rains. Most of the time, a sewer backup will occur in the lateral sewer line. These clogs are your responsibility and can be costly to repair if you haven’t added sewer backups to your home insurance policy.
The good news is that you can prevent sewer backups caused by a problem with the lateral line with the help of a skilled Highland Park plumber. Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Dallas can perform sewer line inspections and sewer cleaning services for you as often as you’d like (we recommend about every five years). If we find evidence of an issue, we’ll use one of the following three trenchless methods to fix your problem:
- Pipe relining. For sewer pipes with minor cracks, we’ll place a tight sleeve around the entire sewer pipe to reseal it.
- Hydraulic pipe replacement. If the damage is too extensive for pipe relining, we’ll replace the damaged system by pulling a new pipe through the old one. Then, we’ll use hydraulics to break apart the existing pipe and secure the new one.
- HydroScrub® Jetting. For main drain clogs, we use our HydroScrub® Jetting to clear it out.
Water Heater Replacement
The town of Highland Park, TX, receives its water supply from the North Texas Municipal Water District (NTMWD). According to the NTMWD, the treated water is considered moderately hard, meaning there are between 61 and 120 mg/L of dissolved magnesium and calcium in the water. Though some people prefer the taste of hard water, if not filtered, it can cause drain clogs and corrode your water heater.
To prolong the lifespan of a water heater, it needs to be regularly maintained. A Highland Park plumber from Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Dallas can perform water heater repair and maintenance to keep your water heater running as long as possible. If you’re ready to upgrade to a more energy-efficient model to reduce your water bill, we can help you with that too!
Other Highland Park Plumber Services
At Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Dallas, there’s nothing our Highland Park plumbers can’t do. In addition to the above services, we also offer:
- Sewer system backups
- Slab leak detection
- Frozen pipe repairs
- Sump pump service
- Plumbing diagnostics and inspection
- Trenchless sewer line repair
- Garbage disposal repair
- Hose bib repair
- General plumbing repairs
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Dallas is Your Expert Plumber in Highland Park, TX
Since 1970, we have proudly served thousands of customers in Highland Park and across the United States. Our clients choose us for their plumbing needs time and time again thanks to our consistent professional service, qualified plumbers with decades of experience, and fair, upfront pricing.
Ready to book an appointment with a qualified plumber in Highland Park, TX? Give our friendly customer service representatives a call today or fill out our online job estimate request form, and one of our plumbing experts will be happy to answer any questions you may have about everything from drain repair to hydrojetting.