Drain repair is a broad term that can apply to any plumbing issue that has to do with your drain lines or sewer lines, from a simple clog to a broken sewer pipe. However, the most common cause of drain repair in Dallas is a stubborn clog, and the most likely culprit is fat, oil, and grease. In fact, fat, oil, and grease are so notoriously bad for your wastewater pipes that they have their own acronym in the plumbing industry: FOG.
Your pipes can really only handle wastewater, and in the case of the toilet, human waste and toilet paper. You may be able to get away with rinsing some food scraps down your kitchen sink if you have an in-sink garbage disposal, but that is about it. While FOG may be liquid when you pour it down the sink, it coats the interior walls of your pipes and solidifies, creating a sticky mess that grabs and holds anything that follows it down the pipe. Eventually, it partially or completely blocks the flow of water, which creates problems such as slow-moving drains and backups leading to the need for Dallas drain repair services. If neglected long enough, clogs can sometimes cause a pipe to burst from the build-up of pressure. The cost of cleaning up the mess a burst pipe causes is considerably more than a simple Dallas drain repair service.
Other Possible Reasons You Need Our Dallas Drain Repair Service
Not convinced that FOG is causing the issues and leading to the need for drain repair? Here are a few more common causes of problems that require a professional Dallas drain repair service:
- Flushing non-compostable items down the toilet. Using sewer lines to dispose of items such as paper towels, tissues, newspapers, feminine hygiene products, excessive toilet paper, and "flushable" wipes (they are not actually flushable!). During many appointments for drain repair in Dallas, we find these flushable wipes to be the main culprit.
- Rinsing food down the drain. Food scraps build up over time to create a blockage in your drain. Items such as coffee grounds and eggshells that can turn into a sand-like texture are common causes of drain repair in Dallas.
- Hair buildup in drains. Everyone sheds hair in the shower, bathtub, and even bathroom sink, and it can form a big, tangled clump that clogs up the line. The best way to avoid this problem is by using hair catchers in showers and bathtubs.
- Accidents. Sometimes small items are accidentally dropped down pipes or flushed by curious children, such as toys, bottle caps, razor blades, watches, and even clothing, like socks. As delightful as it is to find a little toy car during a video camera inspection at your drain repair appointment, you’d likely prefer it never went down your pipes in the first place.
- Tree root invasions. Tree roots can wrap themselves around buried pipes and constrict as they grow, eventually causing the pipe to crack. Once the roots touch water inside the pipe, they begin to grow rapidly and block the flow of water, forcing the pipe further apart.
- Erosion. Landscaping changes, harsh weather such as storms, improper grading and drainage, nearby heavy construction, and earth tremors can cause soil shifts and erosion that damage buried parts of your drainage system
Effective Drain Repair Services in Dallas, TX
The ability to keep your home sanitary by easily disposing of wastewater is a necessity, which is why it can be so stressful, aggravating, and sometimes even scary to experience a problem that requires drain repair. Dallas residents can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that access to our drain repair service is just a phone call away.
Our team of skilled technicians is fully licensed and insured. Their ongoing training, combined with years—or in many cases, decades—of plumbing experience means they have the expertise to meet any need for drain repair in Dallas with effective, long-lasting solutions. Our plumbers also have access to the best equipment to get your drain repair done right, including the latest advances in non-invasive plumbing technology. We’re here to help with everything from routine drain cleaning and plumbing repair to emergency plumbing diagnosis and inspection services.
Video Camera Inspection
What happens inside your sewer pipe is largely a mystery, and that can be extremely frustrating when you want to know what is causing all the trouble in your home. Luckily, our plumbers have tools and techniques such as video camera inspection that can actually give you a good look at the interior of your pipes—without having to dig up your lawn or cut a hole in your drywall.
During the inspection, a small video camera with a bright LED light is attached to a flexible cable and lowered into your pipe. The plumbing professional will then maneuver it through your drainage system while it records video footage of everything in its path. Once it has been removed from the pipe, your professional plumber will play back the footage and interpret it to discover what exactly the problem is, where in your system it’s located and the right Dallas drain repair method for you.
Slab Leak Detection
During appointments for drain repair in Dallas, we will occasionally encounter a situation where a pipe buried under a concrete foundation slab has sprung a leak. This is bad news because the excess water will wash away the soil that is supporting the house and the building will begin to sink, causing serious problems that require foundation repair and other mitigation measures. It can be pretty challenging to find a leak that is sealed under a slab, but our team has methods of slab leak detection such as acoustic listening devices and infrared cameras to figure out what is going on.
This highly effective Dallas drain repair and cleaning service uses high-pressure jets of water to blast away clog-causing debris and build-up. It scours the inside of your pipes clean, which not only removes existing clogs but also makes it more difficult for blockages to form up again right away. Additionally, it extends the lifespan of your pipes so you can avoid issues like repairs and replacements for longer, which is why it’s such an important part of routine plumbing system maintenance.
Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Dallas is the Best Choice for Dallas Drain Repair Services
When you call Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Dallas, you’ll reach an entire team of professional, qualified plumbers with the right experience and equipment to find an effective solution for your drain issue. You never have to worry that we will cut corners or apply a sloppy fix that will fail in a few weeks or months, causing you even more stress and expense. Instead, Dallas homeowners can have peace of mind knowing that we will find an innovative, long-lasting solution for your plumbing woes, and provide the highest standard of quality service with customer care that goes above and beyond. Our team finds delight in resolving drainage problems!
24/7 Emergency Plumbing Service
It’s a terrible feeling when a plumbing emergency strikes after hours or on the weekend, and you're not sure where to turn for help. Fortunately, you don't have to deal with it alone; our crew of plumbers is standing by 24 hours per day, seven days per week, to provide emergency drain repairs in Dallas, TX. Call us any time of the day or night—even on holidays—and we will be at your door as soon as possible to get your plumbing system back in perfect working order.
Frequently Asked Questions About Drain Repair in Dallas, TX
Want to know more about how we handle Dallas drain repairs, or our other plumbing services available in Dallas and the surrounding areas? Give us a call to chat with our friendly office staff and get all your drain repair questions answered, or check out the following to learn answers to some of our most common Dallas drain repair questions.
Do Plumbers Do Drain Repairs In On Residential And Commercial Pipes?
Of course! We offer all types of Dallas drain repair services, including pipe repairs, cleaning, sewer line repair, French drain system services, sump pump repair and installation, and much more. Whatever you need to ensure your residential or commercial system is in excellent condition, we can handle it!
How Do I Know If I Need Drain Repair in Dallas?
If you discover a terrible situation such as a flooded laundry room with a floor drain, you know you obviously need drain repair. Not all the signs that you need a Dallas drain repair service are always so obvious, though.
Here are some of the key warning signs that indicate you need our professional Dallas drain repair services:
- Water isn't moving out of fixtures, or is moving very slowly (aka slow drain)
- Unpleasant sewage odors coming from plumbing systems, or noticeable in the yard or garage
- Strange noises from pipes such as gurgling, bubbling, sucking, or grinding
- The toilet clogs all the time for seemingly no reason
- Water in the toilet bowl bubbles when you run the tap in the bathroom sink
- Visible sewage in low-lying fixtures such as a shower, bathtub, or toilet
- Sudden lush, green spots in the grass, or water pooling on the lawn
- Mysterious puddles of water near or under fixtures
- Water stains on walls or ceiling
Is Snaking A Drain Repair Method That Can Make Clogs Worse?
It’s possible for snaking to make the situation worse if the clog is pushed down and compacted by the snake. Snaking works best on soft clogs made up of substances such as clumps of hair that are near the surface because the snake needs to be able to punch through the clog and then pull it back up from the bottom. Hard objects or fat, oil, and grease blockages usually can't be effectively snaked. A professional plumber from our team will be able to investigate the problem and make a recommendation on the best drain repair method to handle it.
Are Liquid Drain Cleaners Effective?
While harsh chemical cleaners can be useful for some types of clogs, we don't generally recommend them for two reasons:
- If overused, chemical cleaners can actually damage your pipes by eating away at them from the inside out—possibly causing you to need a pipe replacement sooner rather than later.
- Those chemicals can make their way into groundwater, lakes, rivers, and even the ocean, where they cause environmental harm to our local flora and fauna.
If you've been searching for drain repair in Dallas online, you may have come across some suggestions for home remedies using items you probably already have in your kitchen, such as baking soda and vinegar or cola. It is true that baking soda and vinegar create an explosive reaction in a closed environment, but your pipe is not a closed environment. The mixture will fizzle uselessly for a few minutes, and you will have added more material to the clog. Cola is just as ineffective, and sticky sugar is really not good for your sewer lines.
What is the Best Way to Avoid Needing Drain Repairs in Dallas?
Never want to deal with drain repair ever again? That's fair. The best way to make sure you never have to is with regular professional maintenance. Annual cleaning will clear clogged drains before they have a chance to demand time, money, and stress. Also, yearly maintenance check-ups give your plumbing expert the opportunity to notice potential issues and get them fixed before they turn into a more serious need for professional drain repairs in Dallas.
Do You Need Drain Repairs in Dallas? Count on Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Dallas!
Whether you are in Dallas or the greater Dallas-Fort Worth area, you can trust Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Dallas to provide outstanding workmanship and exceptional customer care during every appointment for drain repair in Dallas. In addition to drain repair, we offer services for water heater repair (including tankless water heaters), drain cleaning, slab leak repairs, and emergency services.
Pick up the phone today and contact us or get in touch by filling out our online contact form to request a service appointment or to chat with our friendly customer service representatives and find out more about our comprehensive, reliable plumbing services in Dallas, TX. Say goodbye to those drainage problems today!